Boerne, TX Water Softener Installation & Repair
Cordillera, Esperanza & More
Reliable Plumbing Company Solving Plumbing Troubles in all Boerne Neighborhoods
Water Softner Services
Olde Town Installs Water Softeners to Combat Hard Water
The water in Kendall County has a very high mineral particulate count. However, Boerne water softener companies, like Olde Town Plumbing, can help you overcome with this hard water. Usually, the best option for Boerne homes is installation of a water softener.
How does a water softener work?
Water softeners work by exchanging minerals in the water as it enters your home.
- As the water flows through the resin bead cylinder, the hard water minerals (calcium and magnesium) are attracted to the charged resin beads.
- Through a process called ion exchange, these minerals adhere to the beads and the sodium or potassium from the beads is released into the water that flows through the home.
- During a recharge cycle, water from the brine tank (where water softener salts are added) washes away the calcium and magnesium and “resets” the beads for the next usage period.
Choosing a New Water Softener for Your Boerne Home
When you’re ready to install a new water softener, you want to consider the needs of your home and pair it with the best solution for your household. Often working with the pros from a Boerne water softener company is the best way to find the correct unit for your home.
The experts at Olde Town Plumbing can help you think through the correct unit type, sizing, and settings to match your water hardness level and usage needs
Types of Water Conditioning Units
The pros at Boerne water softener companies including Olde Town Plumbing have the experience and training necessary to help you understand the pros and cons of the two common types of water conditioning units. Empowered with this information, you’ll be able to decide on the best option for your home.
Salt water softeners are true water softeners. They soften the water using the ion exchange explained above to remove the hard minerals from the water. The resulting water, free from hard minerals, leaves a slick feeling on the skin. Water softeners require the addition of salts on a regular basis. As a side note: studies show softened water has a slightly elevated level of sodium—and 8oz cup has a sodium level similar to 1 slice of bread.
Salt-Free units are water conditioners. They bind the calcium and magnesium in the water. Thus, the minerals are no longer able to adhere to the plumbing lines or the fixtures. However, since they do not remove the hard minerals, the water retains its “hard” feel. Nevertheless, it does do the job of protecting your plumbing. In addition, these conditioners do not require the maintenance of adding salts. Nor do they result in an increased sodium or potassium level in your household water.
Pros & Cons of Water Softener Types
Salt water softening units
- Hard water minerals are completely removed from the water protecting pipes and fixtures
- Soaps and detergents lather better
- Skin may be softer
- Clothes may last longer as soap curd is not allowed to form on them
- Requires space for both resin and brine tanks
- Requires adding heavy bags of salts regularly
- Introduces additional amounts of sodium into drinking water
- Potassium salt pellets are an expensive alternative to avoid sodium
Salt-free water conditioning units
- Little maintenance required
- Minerals in the water are “bound” and can’t deposit on your pipes or fixtures
- Small spaced required for installation
- Minerals are not removed from water.
- Water retains its “hard” feel (this could be a pro depending on preference)
- Still allows for soap “curd” to form on clothing and skin
Olde Town Plumbing
Water Softener Installation in Boerne, TX
The reliable plumbers at Olde Town Plumbing can help you with your Boerne water softener installation. Give us a call and allow our trained professionals to sit down with you to discuss the pros and cons of the different types of units for your family.
To begin, we will ascertain your goals and concerns. Then we’ll pair the best options for your unique situation.
While we’re onsite, we’ll take the time to evaluate your current plumbing system. We can assess the best location for your new water softener and any space limitations based on its proposed location.
If you already have a water softener and it just need a tune-up, we do that too. Just give us a call to schedule your repair.
Additional Water Quality Options
In addition to water softeners, you, your family, and your home may benefit from 2 other types of water quality products: whole house water filtration and reverse osmosis.
Whole House Water Filtration Systems
If your home has a water supply with high iron or sediment content you can benefit from an inline whole house water filtration system.
Many homes in the Boerne area have water supplied by a water well. Water from these wells often have organic materials that have odors or tastes that are not appealing. In addition, it may have unseen toxins. Installing a filtration system that uses carbon filters will remove or reduce over 100 chemicals, organic compounds, and inorganic materials.
If you’re concerned about the safety of your water, or just simply don’t like the taste, a whole house water filtration system may be the solution you’re your Boerne home. Olde Town Plumbing installs and repairs water filtration systems.
Reverse Osmosis Systems
Reverse Osmosis systems at your kitchen sink provides your family with the best drinking water possible. A Reverse Osmosis (RO) will remove even the smallest contaminants when fitted with high quality filters. If you don’t like drinking tap water, an RO is a viable option to buying bottled water.
A few of the benefits of installing a Reverse Osmosis System in your Boerne home include:
- Better tasting water
- Removes pesticides and industry toxins
- Removes traces of inorganic, organic and other contaminants
- No plastic toxins from bottled water
- Removes objectionable smells from water
- Economical way to get enough filter water for all your cooking needs
Ready to get started with clean drinking water? Give us a call. We provide you with a free estimate on a Reverse Osmosis system that’s right for you.
Need Additional Plumbing Services?
- Disposal installation or repair
- Plumbing fixture installation or repair
- Sewer line repair
- Emergency plumbing
- And much more
What Sets Us Apart
When you have a plumbing problem, the last thing you want is to deal with a rude service technician. We strive to provide good old-fashioned service like was common in old times. We know our customers are our Hill Country neighbors and friends, and we treat you with the kindness and respect you deserve. We really mean it when we say, “How can we help?”
We value honesty and integrity in our own lives, and we bring those values into our plumbing company as well. When you choose Olde Town Plumbing, you’re choosing plumbers who won’t try to upsell you on products or services that you don’t need. We’ll provide honest evaluations of your plumbing problems, reasonable solutions, and fair pricing for the needed for repairs.
You can count on our plumbing professional to arrive on time and to work efficiently and competently. To keep your plumbing inconvenience minimal, we’ll give you a call when we’re headed your direction, so you know exactly when to expect us. And with our fully stock service vehicles, we won’t waste your time running back and forth to the home improvement store for parts.