Water Heater Boosters
Upgrade Your Hot Water System with a Water Heater Booster in Boerne, Texas
Get More Hot Water with a Water Heater Booster | Boerne, Texas
Are you tired of running out of hot water just when you need it the most? The perfect solution for you may be a water heater booster! At Olde Town Plumbing, we understand the importance of hot water in your daily life, and we’re here to tell you how a water heater booster can make a significant difference in your home.
Call to schedule with our Boerne area plumbers: 830-446-5227.
What is a Water Heater Booster?
A water heater booster is a small unit that is installed above a water heater tank to increase the hot water capacity. These boosters work like a mini-tankless water heater to aid the water heater as the water temperature begins to decrease as water is used. It can provide up to 40% more hot water than the water heater alone. Whether you’re taking a long, luxurious shower, doing the dishes, or filling your bathtub, a water heater booster ensures a constant, comfortable water temperature.
Why Should You Consider Installing a Water Heater Booster?
- 40% More Hot Water: Tired of running out of hot water in the shower or having to stagger showers so everyone gets hot water? A water heater booster eliminates the need to wait, it can take the traditional 29 minutes of hot shower and turn it into 50 minutes.
- Energy Efficiency: A water heater booster operates as a control on your water heater to help prevent unnecessary reheating of the tank, which means lower energy bills for you.
- Space-Saving Design: It is a small unit that installs above the current water heater tank.
- Extended Lifespan: A water heater booster can extend the life of your existing water heater by reducing the strain on the tank. This means you’ll get more out of your current unit and save on premature replacements.
Providing water heater booster installation in Bexar and Kendall County, TX
How to Get More Hot Water
Complete List of Options for Enhancing Your Hot Water Capacity in Boerne, Texas
Running out of hot water can be a daily frustration, especially during those cold Boerne winters. We’re here to help you discover the best solution to increase your hot water capacity. Whether you’re looking to add a water heater booster or explore other options, Ole Town Plumbing has you covered.
Option 1: Water Heater Booster
Installing a water heater booster is a simple solution to hot water woes.
- 40% Increased Hot Water Capacity: A water heater booster from Rheem acts like a mini-tankless water heater to help boost the temperature of water exiting the water heater. It can lead to a 40% increase in hot water at the tap.
- Energy Efficiency: It operates on-demand, reducing energy waste and lowering utility bills. In addition, the Rheem water heater booster acts as a control for the water heater to prevent it from running unnecessarily, which many owners have found leads to energy savings.
- Compact Design: The small-sized booster is installed above the water heater tank and will fit almost anywhere your water heater is installed.
- Extended Water Heater Lifespan: Since the water heater can be kept at a lower temperature, there is less strain on your existing water heater which may prolong its life.
Option 2: Water Heater Mixing Valve
A water heater mixing valve can be an easy, quick way to increase your hot water, but the cons may outweigh the pros.
- Temperature Control: A water heater mixing valve allows you to precisely control the temperature of the hot water delivered to your fixtures.
- Prevents Scalding: Reduces the risk of scalding, especially important for households with children or the elderly.
- Increased Hot Water: By blending hot water with cold water at the valve, you can extend the amount of available hot water.
- Limited to Existing Capacity: While it can extend hot water, a mixing valve doesn’t create more hot water; it works with the current capacity of your water heater.
- Professional Installation Required: Installing a mixing valve may require the expertise of a licensed plumber to ensure it functions correctly.
- May Not Solve All Capacity Issues: If your hot water demands regularly exceed your current heater’s capacity, a mixing valve alone may not be enough.
- Shorter Tank life: Because the water is kept at a higher temperature, units may experience a shorter life span and require premature replacement.
Option 3: Point-of-Use Water Heaters
Installing a point-of-use water heater close to the fixtures that use them is an option for your whole home or for a specific feature like a garden tub.
- Energy Efficiency: Heats water directly at the fixture, reducing energy waste.
- Quick Hot Water: Provides hot water almost instantly at the fixture.
- Space-Saving: Compact design is ideal for tight spaces.
- Limited Coverage: Serves only specific fixtures, not entire households.
- Higher Upfront Costs: May require multiple units for adequate coverage which can cause the initial investment to add up.
Option 4: Tankless Water Heater
Installing a gas or electric tankless water heater can provide you with endless hot water when it is sized correctly for your needs.
- Continuous Hot Water: Tankless heaters heat water on demand, providing endless hot water.
- Energy Efficiency: They only heat water when needed, resulting in lower energy costs.
- Compact Design: Space-saving and often mounted on walls.
- Higher Initial Cost: Tankless units tend to have a higher upfront cost.
- Limited Simultaneous Use: Smaller units may struggle to supply multiple fixtures simultaneously.
- Installation Complexity: Installation can be more complex, especially if you’re replacing a traditional tank system.
Option 5: Larger Capacity Water Heater
Installing a larger capacity water heater may be an option if you have space and a larger size is available.
- High Capacity: A larger water heater offers more hot water storage.
- Suitable for Bigger Families: Ideal for households with higher hot water demands.
- Faster Recovery: More hot water is ready faster between usage.
- Space Requirements: They require more room for installation.
- Energy Use: Consumes more energy to maintain the higher water temperature, potentially leading to higher energy bills.
Useful Life of Water Heater
Why Choose Olde Town Plumbing for Installation?
Our team of experienced plumbers in Boerne, Texas, is here to make your life more comfortable. We specialize in water heater booster installation and maintenance, and we take pride in delivering top-notch service. When you choose us, you can expect:
- Professional Installation: Our licensed plumbers will install your water heater booster with precision and care, ensuring it functions seamlessly with your existing system.
- Transparent Pricing: We offer competitive pricing with no hidden fees, so you’ll always know what to expect.
- Prompt Service: We understand that your time is valuable. That’s why we aim to provide fast and efficient service to minimize any disruption to your daily routine.
- Expert Guidance: We’ll answer all your questions and provide guidance to help you choose the right water heater booster for your specific needs.
At Olde Town Plumbing, we offer professional installation and maintenance services for all these options. Our experts will guide you through the choices, helping you select the best solution to meet your specific needs, budget, and lifestyle. Say goodbye to cold showers and hello to a consistent supply of hot water. Contact us today, and let’s enhance your hot water capacity together!
Need a Different Plumbing Service?
Make your remodel investment last with professional repairs for your custom faucets.
Update your bathrooms with modern, efficient toilets and benefit from less water usage.
Keep your gas lines functioning properly with professional repairs by our plumbers.
Fast and efficient sewer line repairs keep your family safe and your home clean.