Tankless Water Heater Service
We Install Tankless Water Heaters in Boerne, Fair Oaks Ranch, & the Texas Hill Country
Tankless Water Heaters in Boerne
Tankless water heaters provide Boerne residents with a more energy efficient water heating method. Studies show that tankless units use significantly less energy since they don’t have to maintain a tank of water at a high temperature. In addition, since they don’t maintain a warm body of water, there is less chance of bacterial growth in the hot water. If you’re ready to take you water heating experience to the next level, give us a call for a free, no obligation quote on a tankless water heater.
Providing tankless water heater installation & repair for Boerne & the Texas Hill Country
Bergheim, Boerne, Bulverde, Comfort, Fair Oaks Ranch, Helotes, Leon Springs, Shavano Park, Sisterdale, Stone Oak and Timberwood Park
Not Your Traditional Water Heater
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater heats water only when hot water is requested in the home. When a hot water faucet is turned on, water will begin to move through the tankless heater. As it passes through the unit, it is heated to the desired temperature and flows through the hot water line to the faucet. Once the faucet is shut off, the water stops flowing and the tankless unit stops heating. Even in mild climates like we have in Boerne and the Texas Hill Country, this can produce a significant savings in your water heater energy bill.
What are the Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters for Boerne Homeowners?
- Energy Efficiency
- 10-15 Year Longer Expected Life over tank water heater
- Reduced Space Requirements
- Virtually Endless Hot Water
- No Hot Water Recharge Time
- More Built-In Safety Features
What are the Drawback of Tankless Water Heaters?
- Higher Upfront Cost
- Switching from Tank to Tankless Requires Additional Piping and Electrical Work
- Gas Piping May be Required
- Whole House Water Filter and Water Softener Needed for Best Tankless Water Heater Performance and Life
Making Your Water Heater Choice
How to Choose the Right Tankless Water Heater for your Hill Country Home
Tankless water heaters are limited by the amount of hot water produced at one time. When choosing the appropriate unit for your home, you’ll need to consider all the demands that may be placed on the unit at one time. The amount of hot water produced by a unit is measured in gallons per minute.
Choosing a tankless water heater that is designed for the maximum demands of your home will ensure you’ll be happy with your purchase. The licensed plumbers at Olde Town Plumbing can help you determine the right size tankless water heater for your Boerne home.
Need a Different Plumbing Service?
Extend the life of your faucets by replacing o-rings, cartridges, and other parts that wear out.
Combat the effects of hard water and preserve the life of your plumbing with a water softener.
Achieve optimal water heater performance through regular maintenance, repair or replacement.
Prevent plumbing emergencies with proactive drain cleaning and drain line repairs or replacement.
Prevent damage to your home by eradicating leaks with flexible PEX water lines or new drain lines.
Conserve water and protect your home with reliable repairs and installation of low-flow toilets.
Enjoy the efficiency of natural gas and propane appliances with expert gas line installation and repair.
Protect your home and family with dependable sewer line inspections, repairs and replacement.
Useful Life of Tankless Water Heater
How Often Does a Tankless Water Heater Need to be Replaced?
Boerne and the surrounding Texas Hill Country have high mineral content in the water that can affect plumbing appliances including tankless water heaters. However, most tankless units will last for 20+ years when used in combination with an inline whole-house filter and a water softener. In addition, proper maintenance will help to ensure you get the full life expectance from your tankless unit.
Need to replace your water heater? Considering going tankless? Give us a call at 830-446-5227 for a free no obligation estimate. See why Olde Town Plumbing is your choice for reliable plumbers in Boerne, Bulverde and all of Kendall County.
Give Us a Call
Olde Town Plumbing
Your Plumbers for Tankless Water Heater Installation & Repair
Want to switch from a traditional water heater to a tankless, on-demand unit? Give us a call. We can re-plumb your home to replace your tank water heater with a tankless unit. In addition, we can add natural gas or propane lines to allow for installation of a more efficient gas powered on-demand water heater.
Already have a tankless water heater, but it needs repair? We do that too.
Call us today to schedule your service appointment. 830-446-5227
Common Tankless Water Heater Questions
Is One Tankless Water Heater Enough for my Boerne Home?
- Is your home currently plumbed for more than one water heater? If it is, it is usually most economical to leave the plumbing like it is rather than redirecting the plumbing to a single tankless water heater.
- How much hot water will you need at one time? Tankless water heater produce hot water at a gallons per minute (GPM) rate. If you might be running the dishwasher, washing machine, and a couple of showers at the same time, you’ll want to plan accordingly with the GPM of the tankless unit. You can also consider a point-of-use tankless water heater dedicated to your washing machine or the master bath with it’s large Jacuzzi tub.
- Is there a more economical option? When looking at the hot water consumption in your Boerne home, you may find that for the GPM rate you need it is more economical to install two tankless water heaters to handle the hot water needs, rather than installing one large unit.
Can You Run Out Of Water With a Tankless Water Heater?
While you can’t run out of hot water with a tankless water heater that is functioning properly, you can have a lack of hot water at your tap. If the tankless hot water heater installed in your home only produces 2 gallons per minute (GPM) of hot water, but you have multiple appliances and faucets all drawing on the hot water at the same time for a total of 3 GPM, there will not be enough hot water to supply all of the point-of-use locations. This is why it is imperative you size your tankless water heater correctly for the hot water needs in your home.
How do you Replace a Tank Water Heater with a Tankless Water Heater?
The complexity of replacing a conventional tank water heater with a tankless unit depends on the characteristics of the units and the plumbing system in your home. Consider these aspects of the replacement process:
- Location – Will the new tankless unit be placed in the same location as the current water heater or will it need to be moved to a new location?
- Energy Source – Will you be switching from electric energy to gas when you install the tankless unit?
- Plumbing Fittings – Will your current plumbing system need a major overhaul to install the new tankless unit or just a few simple plumbing fittings?
If you’re not a plumbing renovation pro, it’s best to leave it to the pros from Olde Town Plumbing when it’s time to replace your tank water heater with a tankless unit. Give us a call for a free, no-obligation quote.
What Sets Us Apart
When you have a plumbing problem, the last thing you want is to deal with a rude service technician. We strive to provide good old-fashioned service like was common in old times. We know our customers are our Hill Country neighbors and friends, and we treat you with the kindness and respect you deserve. We really mean it when we say, “How can we help?”
We value honesty and integrity in our own lives, and we bring those values into our plumbing company as well. When you choose Olde Town Plumbing, you’re choosing plumbers who won’t try to upsell you on products or services that you don’t need. We’ll provide honest evaluations of your plumbing problems, reasonable solutions, and fair pricing for the needed for repairs.
You can count on our plumbing professionals to arrive on time and to work efficiently and competently. To keep your plumbing inconvenience minimal, we’ll give you a call when we’re headed your direction, so you know exactly when to expect us. And with our fully stock service vehicles, we won’t waste your time running back and forth to the home improvement store for parts.